Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Preparation Day

The house looks pretty good and now I will make the pies. Thanksgiving dinner always has so many good foods to prepare and eat. And the leftovers! Wow! I love to put the turkey carcass into a big pot and boil it all Thanksgiving evening. Then I have a wonderful stock to make the most delicious turkey soup.

So much to be thankful for, too. It is a really great time right now and we are enjoying it!

Then, on to Christmas with some of the best music ever. Don't you agree?

5 comments:

Judy Francisco said...

Yes, you are SO right. And I am SO, SO thankful for Harman's, because that is where I purchased my complete Thanksgiving dinner for what I consider to be quite a reasonable price (worth it to me anyway)--I think the potatoes are even real (I mean, I HOPE the potatoes are real)... Warren will go with me to help pick it all up--just about the time Rhyetta/Matt & family will be arriving--so you might say he helped in the preparation. I actually would have opted for the Chuck-A-Rama or Golden Corral route, but who am I to deprive my family of leftovers?!--I'm sticking with tradition!... ;)

Anaise said...

A couple of years ago I realized that leftovers are more important to me than the actual meal--so now, even though we're going to someone else's house for dinner, and all I have to do is contribute a side dish, I'm still making a complete meal for us to eat as leftovers!

Scott said last night as we headed to bed, "I'm so ready to EAT tomorrow!"

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Judy Francisco said...

Are you all stuffed yet?

rubber_thoughts said...

I love Christmas music! It is the best. And the Mormom Tabernacle Choir is wonderful.

This is one of Dianna's friends, by the way.

dianna andersen said...

the dinner was great!!!! thanks for having us. judy... you are a crack up!!!! love you.

now on to Christmas. mom.... your house looks great. i love this season.