Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday!

Fridays really are special. I am really loving Fridays. It is nice to have a weekend. I love Fridays.

Weekends are too short, though. I would like a three-day weekend. So often I am busy on Saturdays and then all of a sudden it is Monday again. But you know what? I like weekdays, too.

When I was a child I would visit my father on the weekends. He HATED weekdays. He would begin moaning about Monday on Friday or Saturday. I would listen to his moans, his complaints, his gripes. He said things like this to me: "You are so lucky you are a child. You don't want to grow up. It is horrible being an adult. You have to work so hard when you are an adult. I HATE going to work. I HATE Mondays." He did this every weekend, every year until I was 10 years old. Then I got tired of visiting him and refused to go on the weekends.

So, for many, many years I would become despondent on Sundays. I would feel SO depressed I couldn't even function. I would DREAD the coming week!

A few years ago I realized what was happening. I really don't HATE Mondays. I actually like all the days. (Friday does hold a particularly special place in my heart, though!)

I had to overcome all those negative thoughts and realize that Mondays are just fine, as are all the days.

Also, I LOVE being an adult. I love being independent and not having to do what all the grown ups want me to do. I love making my own choices and I love freedom. I love lying around all day, if I want to, and I love driving where I want to and I love eating what I want to. Ahhh...it is sure nice to be an adult and love EVERYDAY!

(I am happy it is Friday, though!)

5 comments:

Mary Bonham said...

I forgot to mention that my father would say "Oh, tomorrow I have to go back to the rat race." Then, to me he would again say, "Don't EVER grow up!"

Jillbee said...

I love Fridays too! As long as I don't have to work! Even when I have to work, it's not a full day, so I guess it's ok. I got to spend the day with Jessica. We had a fun time running errands. I bought my lecithin, I don't have the right flour though! That will have to wait until next week! It was fun last night with all the ladies!

Unknown said...

This is a great post! I love every day of the week too and like you my heart skips a beat on Friday morning! Life's too short to hate the weekdays.

Anaise said...

Hope your weekend is going well--thanks for asking about me. I'm actually doing quite well . . . pregnant, tired, and sick . . . but the pregnant part makes the tired and sick okay. I've just been sitting on the pregnancy news until I told the kids, and since being pregnant is all-consuming, I can't write very well. I'm hoping to write some more now that the cat is out of the bag!

Judy Francisco said...

My take on Mondays is that since Sunday is ONE OF MY BUSIEST DAYS, I'm glad to see Monday come around so I can get back into a routine that's "easier" in some ways. Weird.

I'm pretty dang impressed with your daughter! Your family just OOZES talent. Be proud.