Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February

Can you believe it is already February? I remember when it was 1999 and so many people were so concerned about Y2K. I remember when President Faust had his pointer finger raised, during general conference, and said, "Mark my words. 2000 will come and go and nothing will happen (or change or we won't even notice)." (Not an exact quote, but something like that.) I wasn't that worried before but many people were and when he spoke those prophetic words, I completely relaxed.

Time really marches on and things change and happen. It seems time is marching very, very quickly now. I know that young people feel the same way. It is not just that I am getting older. I think there is so much to get done that time is going at a more rapid pace. Maybe the Savior is coming in a few short years and so we are practically spinning out of control in preparation for Him. But the spinning will make us dizzy and not able to focus on what is important, like our preparing to greet Him. We want to be like Him when He comes. I think it is going to take me A LOT LONGER than a few short years. But, I WON'T GIVE UP!

(Sonya. Invite me to your blog.)

1 comment:

Jillbee said...

I wish it was summer:( I need to get out and feel the sun! This has been a heck of a long winter!