Thursday, February 12, 2009

PARTY!

Hey, guess what? Today is my 32nd anniversary for being married to Bob. I can't believe it! How does the time go so quickly? It has been an amazing ride so far. We have learned a lot and have grown a lot. We have enjoyed each other and enjoyed our growing family. We still laugh at each other's humor. Bob still thinks I am funny! He is hilarious to me, too!

I was thinking the other day about so many things that we have been through and I can't believe the list I came up with. Here are some of them starting in 1997:

1997-1998: my mom suffered and died of inflammatory breast cancer, which is a cancer that grows on the outside of the body. (with all that entails)
1999: my father's intestines burst, he almost died. colostomy bag. 2nd surgery to reattach his colon. 3rd surgery for aortic aneurysm. 7 years of managing his affairs, caregivers, etc.
Bob's dad has major stroke. 6 1/2 years of managing his affairs, his caregivers, his life.
2000: happy beginning of year. dianna marries Todd. i start working more to pay for wedding. bob's dad falls down and breaks hip.
2001: happy beginning of year. Christopher is born (yeah!). has surgery at 5 months old. twin towers are struck and we go to war.
2002: bob loses job. the family moves to Utah. James is born (yeah!).
2003: our trampoline is stolen. bob's brother, Gary, dies at a young age, unexpectedly, while bob's elderly father is in the hospital with severe pneumonia.
2004: my car and wallet are stolen. criminal gets a wig to look like me and writes bad checks and takes out money from my account. my stepfather suffers and dies of cancer (with all that entails). i am executor to his trust, with all THAT entails.
2005: bob's father dies of pneumonia. we are executors over his will, with all THAT entails.
2006: my father dies of old age. i take care of everything, like executor, as i am an only child. we move to a new house (super blessing!!). dylan is born. (yeah!)
2007: i can't think of anything really strenuous. finally just adjusting to not having tragedy every single minute. hormonal issues at its peak, though, which causes terrible problems!
2008: jake is born (yeah!). bob's car window is broken into and his planner stolen.

It has been a few pretty hard and painful years. On top of all this, I have been perimenopausal, with all THAT entails! Simple sentences do not at all explain what we have been through during these times. Thank goodness we have had each other as super supports.

I am grateful that when I was 15 years old I prayed to God, (I wasn't a member but I heard the missionaries talking about eternal marriage), that I could be married to Bob in heaven. Heavenly Father answered my prayers! We have been through thick and thin and everything else! After 32 years I can easily say Bob is the love of my life!

3 comments:

Jillbee said...

It's so much better to go through all that "stuff" with someone you love and trust. I'll bet you could come up with many more blessings than sad things too!

Anaise said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

I too am married to a man who sticks beside me through thick and thin . . . what would we do without them?

Judy Francisco said...

No wonder you named your blog "Wow"; that's my reaction too. Wow. Keep up the good work, guys--you're my role models...