Saturday, February 28, 2009

Spring!

March is the beautiful month of Spring! We have had a wonderful winter so far and now we are sliding into spring. March is a beautiful month! I have started noticing the tiny bit of green on the tall, skinny-limbed trees (I am not sure of the name). They are the first trees to turn start green every year. Isn't it great? I couldn't believe it when I saw the first bit of a greenish hue on them last week. Now that the snow has melted, we can see bits of green grass starting to make its way through the dormant grass. Flowers will start breaking through the dirt at any moment! Tulips, crocus, daffodils. Wow! I love looking at the little buds on the trees and the tiny, tiny leaves, so perfectly formed, starting to grow.

I know I am jumping ahead as today is only 35 degrees, but tomorrow is March, the beautiful month of Spring! Yippee!!

2 comments:

Jillbee said...

I totally agree with you. I can not wait for the season to change! It renews my spirit.

Anaise said...

We have 100 seeds planted and hopefully germinating away in their little beds in cupboards and closets waiting for the snow to melt! Beautiful garden, here we come!!