Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Feeling Better. Book of Mormon

Today Bob and I woke up way too early. Bob has a bit of a cough and it is pretty bad in the morning. We both got up for about an hour and then went back to bed. When I woke up for the day, (way too late!), I felt so much better than yesterday! Yippee!

About 25 years ago I decided to read all the scriptures. I started when President Kimball asked us to read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I just kept going. Then I decided I wanted to have read all the standard works. It took a few years, but I did it. I noticed that, while reading the Old Testament, I didn't feel the spirit as strongly as when I read the other scriptures. So I had to read the Book of Mormon at the same time. That helped a lot.

I know this sounds methodical, but if you read 3 columns of the Book of Mormon everyday, you will make it through the book in one year. I have done that for the past 25 years. I love reading the Book of Mormon. Some years I will read 3 pages a day and make it through twice. Several times I have read it in 2 months. Once I read it in one month, but that was a little too much for me! The past 2 years I spent reading it in Spanish. (Sometimes it was very spiritual.)

I started again today. I read about the witnesses. They never denied their testimony of the book. The Book of Mormon is amazing! I didn't find the church until I was 21 and I LOVE having the Book of Mormon in my life! Reading it gives me great direction for my life.

I love the gospel! My life most certainly has been VERY blessed because of the gospel and my knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I love Them!

3 comments:

Anaise said...

Amen.

Glad you feel better!

Judy Francisco said...

Ha! I was going to say what Anaise said! Great minds think alike? You betcha.

Anyway, let me just add that that was a powerful testimony. I didn't know you read the Book of Mormon that often! I love it too, but I haven't read it nearly that much. I like the idea of reading it alongside the Bible. You've inspired me.

dianna andersen said...

thank you so much for loving the gospel! because of you, all you have been through, and the incredible example you are to me, i love the gospel too and i have been sooooo blessed from that! thank you mom, you are an inspiration to all who know you! (especially me.) i love you so much, thanks again